Protection is an essential task for every device and it’s the same case with Epson printers to password protect it. This article will guide you about top steps to password protect an Epson printer by Epson Printer Support.
Steps to password protect an Epson printer
Setting up of a password
Installation of a commercial program will let users protect the printer with a password, so that no other print jobs will be able to complete without providing the right credentials. Printlock here will works with any kind of printer which is connected to a Windows PC by prompting for a password whenever a document is being sent to the printer.
- Go to the browser and then download the software from the Print lock URL.
- Installation of the software on the device which is connected to the printer a user is wishing to protect is necessary.
- When prompted, input a password which will only be remembered by users.
- The next time if a user is trying to print, they will immediately prompted by a password dialog box. The print job will not complete until the correct password is entered as suggested by Epson Printer Technical Support
Restricting user’s account
Windows does not comes with a built-in password feature, but if a user account has a password set to it, one can set it easily so that only their account can be accessed to the printer by locking out all other users who can’t access their username and password.
- Log in as an administrator users and click on the Start, Printers & Faxes option
- Find the printer which you want to protect, and right-click the Properties option. In Windows 7, users need to double-click on the printer icon and then select the Customize this printer option.
- Hit the Security tab, and a security setting for the printer will be visble.
- Highlight the type of account in the Group or User Names section, and make sure that all the boxes under Allow icon are properly checked.
- Highlight the “Everyone in the Group or User Names” section, and make sure that all the boxes under the Deny are fully checked.
What users can expect at our Epson support section:
- Error Troubleshooting with Printers
- Online Assistance for Spooler Problem
- Printer Tune-up and optimization
- Paper Jam and Slow printing problem
- Driver Repair and Re-installation Support
- System Compatibility Issues with Printer
- Printer Network and Connection Problems
- Printer Setup and Configuration Issues
- Driver Installation Support Service
Quick Assistance For Epson Support Toll free Number : @ USA : +1-888-573-0071
Epson Customer Support specialist engaged in delivering the fastest ever printer support services in a well-known printer support organization. He had been chosen as the best article writer in the field of Epson topics. He holds deep technical expertise in resolving a wide number of printer issues as and when required by users.