Epson printers are one of the most widely used printing devices used by people across the world due to its advanced printing functionality. But sometimes while working with the device, it is quite possible that users have come across an error code known as W-12. The Epson printer Error Code W-12 is usually a result of not able to recognize the printer device’s ink cartridge(s) which is shown on the LCD screen. But here we have provided users with topmost ways to fix Epson printer error code W-12 with detailed explanation of each of them.
Steps to Fix Epson printer error code W-12
Step 1: Replace the Ink Cartridge
Your printer device and its software will automatically inform about when an ink cartridge is low or comes to obsolete use. In case the ink cartridge becomes worn you will come across a message on the Epson printer’s LCD screen which says that they must replace it as it is indication and perform the normal task of print, cop and scan.
Step 2: Remove and Install Cartridges
- Make sure that you have the replacement cartridge before you begin the process. One needs to install cartridges right after removing the old one. It is advised for users not to open the ink cartridge packages till they are ready to install the ink. It is because cartridges are a kind of vacuum packed to maintain its reliability.
- Turn the printer device on and check if the cartridge is obsolete or not? If so then, it will ask prompt users to replace it.
- Now press the start button and click the “setup” icon
- Press the “right and left” arrow to select the types of ink cartridge. Press the ‘start” button
- Open the scanner device as well as the cartridge cover
- Press the cartridge for some time and lift it in straight position to remove carefully.
- Shake the cartridge well at-least four to five times
- Now, carefully remove the cartridge from the package
- Insert the new cartridge from the holder and then gently push it down till it adjusts to its original position
- Once the cartridge is replaced, you need to close its cover and carefully push it downwards
- Now again press the ‘start” button to start filling the ink
- If it is found that ink replacement message is visible on the LCD screen then, you are suggested to press the “start” button
Related blog: How to Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0x89?
I hope all your issues related to Epson printer error will be solved. But still if any issue then, proceed to below contact details
Call us at Epson Printer Support Number to Resolve Epson Printer Issues
Get in touch at Epson Printer customer support number +1-888-573-0071 to resolve all your queries with the help of our technicians who has strong knowledge in providing users the most suitable solution. Our qualified, skilled, and certified team of technicians keeps their promises of fixing the issues instantly. You can either drop an email to customer support mail id address or have live chat with technicians as well.